VM dependency mapping, software compliance reporting, USB storage use, USGCG and FDCC security benchmarks
Maynard, MA, USA -- July 2011 -- Belarc is pleased to announce the release of our latest version of BelManage and BelSecure 2011. New features added since BelManage 2010 (version 8.1g) include:
- Virtual Machine Dependency Mapping - Shows all virtual machines (VMWare, Hyper-V, and Virtual PC) and the virtualization host they're running on.
- Software Version Compliance - Shows computers with applications below the compliance versions you specify.
- USB Storage Use - Shows all USB storage device (e.g. flash drives or iPod) use on your systems, including make, model, and serial number.
- Server Roles - Shows Windows server roles and features installed, making it easy to find servers with specific roles.
- BelSecure Benchmarks - New benchmarks for Windows 7 (the U.S. Government Configuration Baseline, or USGCB), Windows Vista and XP (the U.S. Federal Desktop Core Configuration, or FDCC), IE7, IE8, and Windows Firewall.
- OS Update Agent - Shows the status of the Windows Update Agents on your systems so you can verify their correct configuration and operation.
- Laptop Encryption - Shows laptop drive & volume encryption status highlighting suspended encryption, no encryption, or partial encryption.
- Application Bitness - Shows whether installed applications are 64-bit, 32-bit, or 16-bit. Easy to find with the Search for Software report.
- Monitors Reports - Shows systems and their monitors. Also analysis reports by monitor size, year, manufacturer, and model.
- 16-bit Software Report - Shows 16-bit installed applications which won't run 64-bit Windows.
- Network Connection Speed & Status - Profile reports show status and connection speed of each network connection.
- Search by User Entries - Allows finding systems by user entered data.
- Active Users & Access Log - Shows BelManage user accounts in use, and the log of past activity.
- Users Summary Report - Shows details of all BelManage user accounts, including last use.
- Auto-disable Inactive Users - Now inactive user accounts can be automatically disabled (optionally configured)
- User Account Time Zones - Allows users to see times adjusted to their local time zone, rather than the server time zone.
Belarc, Inc. develops and licenses Internet based products which help make computers easier to maintain and secure by large enterprises, small businesses and individual consumers. Our products are used for software license management, cyber security status, IT asset management, configuration management, and more. Belarc's products are in use on well over twenty million computers and are licensed by numerous customers worldwide including: Agfa Healthcare, AIG, Catholic Relief Services, Dana, Defense Logistics Agency, FAA, Holcim, Kindred Healthcare, NASA, Sungard, Travelers, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, Unilever, WebMD/Emdeon, and many more.